The UTS Business School PhD program recognises that certain core skills are critical to the successful completion of world-class research. The PhD program provides the opportunity for candidates to receive training in advanced disciplinary and cross-disciplinary methods which provide the basis on which candidates are able to build research capability. PhD students are supervised by a committee of three, with a chairperson normally located in the discipline most fundamental to the candidate's doctoral research. Interdisciplinary research is encouraged, and PhD committees can include researchers from cognate or other disciplines beyond where the candidate is located.
Candidates for the PhD in Business from University of Technology Sydney are required to complete a thesis of between 50,000 and 70,000 words. Candidates may also be required to undertake some coursework in research methods and/or theoretical knowledge in the core fields of study. During their candidature, students' progress is monitored via assessments and regular progress reports.
Career options include management-level positions in industry or government, and academic positions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- PhD Thesis: Management
- PhD Thesis: Accounting
- PhD Thesis: Marketing
- PhD Thesis: Economics
- PhD Thesis: Finance
- PhD Thesis: Health Economics
- PhD Thesis: Business Analytics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
- 96 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Management, Organisation & Leadership Accounting View 12 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised master's by research or bachelor's degree with first or second class honours (division 1), or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate research studies.
- Previous qualifications must be in business or a related discipline. Each applicant is required, prior to application, to contact the Business School well ahead of the closing date for applications for a pre-assessment. Applicants are also required to submit a brief thesis proposal or statement of research interest with their application.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International36870 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18435 AUD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
- Tuition fees for international students range from A$19,840 to A$34,080 per year.
- For this course, the cost per session is $18,435.
- CSC UTS PhD scholarship
- Insearch Doctoral Scholarship
- International Research Scholarship
- International Research Training Program Scholarship (IRTP)
- UTS 30th Anniversary Study Abroad Accommodation Scholarship
- UTS ATN-LATAM Scholarships
- UTS President's Scholarship
- UTS Study Abroad Excellence Scholarship
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.