Due to the uncertainty regarding the COVID-19 situation and the resulting restrictions we are looking for safe ways to organize and conduct teaching in the upcoming academic year. The safety and wellbeing of our students and staff is our main priority. At present we are exploring a combination of online instruction and classroom teaching. For more details contact the UCT Prague directly.
Student works on one dissertation, the study programmes are fully integrated between collaborating universities and include specialized courses at home university and one interdisciplinary at partner university.
Each successful applicant signs individual contract about doctoral double degree based on his/her particular situation (research area, supervisor’s requirements, home university requirements etc.). The contract is signed between UCT Prague and student’s home university.
What are the advantages?
Besides improved employability of graduates, there is emphasis on research activity coupled with a possibility to lead small research groups.
The Biotechnology course at University of Chemistry and Technology Prague inherently strengthens professional language knowledge.
There are possibilities to gain practical skills thanks to cooperation with partner companies such as Zentiva, Zeva, Contipro, Lonza Biotec or in practically oriented departments of Czech Academy of Sciences, where are practical traineeships available.
Last but not least there is excellent support of students, including motivational scholarships.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Doctoral study is performed under the management of the supervisor, always according to an individual study plan (ISP).
A DSP student shall perform the obligations stated in the ISP:
- During the study, the student has to pass at least three exams in professional subjects of the DSP according to the approved ISP
- During the study, usually by the end of the second year, every DSP student is obliged to take part in a scientific conference of students at UCT Prague, where he/she gives a professional presentation in the English language.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Master Diploma with Diploma Supplement Only certified copies of the originals are acceptable, i.e. stamped by the educational institute, officially translated into English (where applicable) and verified according to the international agreements.
- Recognition (Nostrification) Certificate of your Master degree
- Letter of motivation
- Certificate of English language knowledge
- Signed Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of your passport
- Recent Health certificate >(not older than 2 months) confirmed by an official health institution
- Application form signed by your doctoral thesis supervisor
International2602 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2602 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA2602 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2602 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Prague
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.