The doctoral study programme Philosophy at the Faculty of Theology, University of South Bohemia in Ceské Budejovice derives from the scholarly activity of the staff of the Department of philosophy and religious studies FT USB and focuses on both the history of philosophy and systematic philosophy. It is above all the scholastic of the High Middle Ages, philosophy of the modern period (second scholastic, Kant), philosophical anthropology, ethics and philosophy of religion.
- The study takes place in several seminary groups (basic seminar common to all students of the given programme, specialization seminar for small groups according to the focus of dissertation thesis and individual seminar consisting in concrete work on the dissertation under the advisor's supervision).
- All activities in the doctoral study are aimed at scholarly work whose goal is the doctoral dissertation.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
You can submit your application online; it is necessary to send a certified photocopy (by a notary) of your university degree certificate from the relevant field of study and also a written proposal for your dissertation project. More inormation on https://www.tf.jcu.cz/international-office/study-programmes-in-english-foreign-languages.
International400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 400 EUR per year during 48 months.
National400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 400 EUR per year during 48 months.
Fee: 400 EUR/year.
Living costs for Budweis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Scholarships and bursaries:
- merit-based scholarship
- premium scholarship for excellent research, development and innovation, artistic or other creative results
- scholarship to support research, development and innovation activities of students
- extraordinary scholarship
- scholarship for students with special needs
- grant to support the development of co-operation with practice
- accommodation bursary
- grant in support of studies abroad
- grant in support of studies in the Czech Republic
- scholarship for students of doctoral degree programmes
More information on www.jcu.cz/en, section Study at USB/Degree students/Study system.
General overview of scholarships for studies in CZ -https://www.studyin.cz/plan-your-studies/scholarships/.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.