The postgraduate study in the accredited study field Protection of Aquatic Ecosystems represents an interesting possibility to continue with acquiring new scientific knowledge according to an individual study plan. This study deepens knowledge and abilities acquired in the master´s study in relation to detailed professional specialization usually in context with current scientific and research issues in environmental chemistry, toxicology, aquatic ecology and molecular biology etc. Students will be included in working groups in scientific laboratories of the faculty based on their dissertation topic. Aside ability to work in team, students will be requested to show creativity and self-activity and ability to publish results in scientific literature. Study aims to prepare students for their future research, scientific or pedagogical career at universities or research institutions and top-management of big companies even transnational ones.
More information on: http://www.frov.jcu.cz/en/pro-zajemce-o-studium-menu-2/menu-what-study/protection-of-waters-fulltime.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Ecology of Still and Running Waters
- Toxicology Focused on Aquatic Organisms
- Cycles of Elements in Aquatic Ecosystems and Their Catchments
- Applied Cellular and Molecular Biology
- Biological Invasions in Freshwater Ecosystems
- Ecological Status of Water Bodies
- Sustainable Fishery Management in Open Waters
- Ecology of Freshwater Crustaceans and Clams
- Environmental Analytical Chemistry
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Environmental Management Ecology View 3 other Masters in Ecology in Czech Republic
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- List of marks and credits from passed subjects of bachelor´s and master’s study verified by the study department (office) of the respective university.
- Officially verified copy of a diploma about terminated bachelor's and master's study, if the study has not been completed at the FFPW USB.
- Motivation letter with justification of interest in the study of the DSP at the FFPW USB.
- Brief structured curriculum vitae with details about achieved education, expert or scientific and research activities, list of publications and lectures, or reviews of expert activities.
- Applicants will be invited for the admission interview (with the use of electronic communication technologies).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International40 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40 EUR per year during 48 months.
National40 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40 EUR per year during 48 months.
Every student automatically gets the contract of employment. Average salary of a Ph.D. student is app. 15 - 16.000 CZK/month (650 EUR/month, 7.800 EUR/year).
Living costs for Budweis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Scholarships and bursaries:
- merit-based scholarship
- premium scholarship for excellent research, development and innovation, artistic or other creative results
- scholarship to support research, development and innovation activities of students
- extraordinary scholarship
- scholarship for students with special needs
- grant to support the development of co-operation with practice
- accommodation bursary
- grant in support of studies abroad
- grant in support of studies in the Czech Republic
- scholarship for students of doctoral degree programmes
More information on http://www.frov.jcu.cz/en/menu-for-students/menu-scholarships.
General overview of scholarships for studies in CZ -https://www.studyin.cz/plan-your-studies/scholarships/.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.