In 4 years at the Chemical Engineering and Chemistry department from Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) you will become an excellent, independent researcher. A professor will assist you in conducting in-depth, groundbreaking research in the field of your choice. You will work together with other research groups, industrial partners and research institutions, depending on the subject of your research. After successfully defending your dissertation, you will be awarded the PhD title.
A PhD program offers you a great deal of freedom to conduct research into socially relevant topics. You can develop your ideas in an environment with good facilities.
Research groups include:
- Bio-Organic Chemistry
- Chemical Process Intensification
- Inorganic Materials & Catalysis
- Macro-Organic Chemistry
- Membrane Materials and Processes
- Molecular Materials and Nanosystems
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- you must be familiar with the theory and methodology of your field of study
- a Dutch master's degree (old-style doctoral degree) or a foreign equivalent
- Candidates that are not hired by TU/e, are required to pay an annual bench fee of € 10,000. This bench fee covers the costs for education and supervision.
Living costs for Eindhoven
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.