The Department of History offers an Accelerated Masters, Master of Arts, Doctor of Philosophy degrees with a major in History, and a certificate in Early Modern Studies.
Coursework nurtures these proficiencies as well as preparing students to deploy a range of theoretical frameworks to analyze materials from the past.
Fields of study for students pursuing a History program from University of Arizona are as follows: Asia (Masters only), Comparative/World History (Masters, PhD minor), Early Europe, Latin America, Middle East (Ph.D. only), Modern Europe, and United States History.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Archives, Museums and Zoos
- Perpetual Revolutions: A History of the Bicycle
- Food, Health and Environment in History
- Natural Resources and the Law in the Spanish Borderlands of North America
- Topics in Comparative Women's History
- Gender and Sexuality in Latin American History
- History of Human Rights, Citizenship, and Refugee Law
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Ancient History Modern History View 37 other PhDs in History in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A copy of the Graduate College Application
- GRE (no absolute minimum, but we look for 75th percentile or higher)
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- 2 Writing Samples
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year during 60 months.
National33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year during 60 months.
In-State13400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13400 USD per year during 60 months.
Living costs for Tucson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.