Medical Engineering research at Anglia Ruskin University falls into three categories; orthopaedic, vascular disease and medical devices. We work on innovative disease prevention, assessment, treatment and rehabilitation projects.
Our partners include Mid-Essex Hospitals Trust, Broomfield Hospital, Springfield Capio Hospital and the Hospital for Special Surgery (the USA’s top rated orthopaedic hospital). Together we’re developing cutting edge solutions to common debilitating clinical problems and you’ll be immersed in this as you pursue your own programme.
Supervision is available internationally from a vast array of specialists and you’ll receive comprehensive research, subject and laboratory training.
We’ll provide an inspiring environment for your research, having recently moved to a new fully-equipped medical engineering laboratory at our Postgraduate Medical Institute (PMI).
If you've already conducted research and published work that demonstrates an independent and original contribution to knowledge in this field of you may wish to apply for a PhD by Published Work.
- We can accommodate a wide range of research proposals in the broad areas of computation and experimental biomechanics, biomaterials, gait and postural analysis.
- There’s a good mix of supervisors available, including hospital engineers, clinicians and our own academics, and we can arrange mentoring from the USA for relevant projects. This lends itself well to multidisciplinary or international projects.
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Human Medicine General Engineering & Technology View 112 other PhDs in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
- MPhil: You’ll need a Bachelor degree or equivalent with first or upper second class honours, in a related subject area.
- PhD: You’ll need a Master degree or equivalent in a related subject area.
- Please note we consider most candidates for PhD with progression from MPhil. If you want to apply for direct entry to the PhD route, you’ll also need to provide academic justification for this with your application.
International13500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13500 GBP per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA4407 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4407 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Cambridge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.