Possible subject areas for a PhD project include:
- Theory of cognition
- Philosophy of culture
- Political philosophy
- Philosophy of science
- Philosophy of art
PhD supervisors are appointed strictly on the basis of their research competence and experience in the area of the doctoral student’s project. If necessary, a second supervisor may be appointed from another Polish or foreign university.
Courses are taught mostly in English. If a course is not taught in English, international doctoral students receive individual instructions and tutoring.
The program has Poland's national accreditations, which are widely recognized all over the world.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The doctoral training at the Pedagogical University of Krakow consists of 1) the study program and 2) an individual research plan.
1) The Study Program (available here: https://szkola-doktorska.up.krakow.pl/wp-content/uploads/sites/50/2020/11/Study-Program.pdf) consists of:
a) courses in general academic skills (e.g. academic writing, applying for research grants, oral presentation, etc.);
b) research methodology courses
c) specialist courses or workshops
d) elective intedisciplinary courses.
Additionally, doctoral students participate in conferences and academic exchanges, publish articles, practice teaching, practice research skills at other universities in Poland and abroad, and more.
2) The individual research plan is prepared by the doctoral student in cooperation with their supervisor(s) and implemented over the course of studies, with end-of-semester reports. The research plan leads to the submission of a doctoral dissertation.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
July 1-September 3: online registration and project submission; September 22: interviews; September 23: final results; September 30: enrolment
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics Educational Research View 5 other Masters in Educational Research in Poland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A recogized MA diploma
- A research project
- An interview
- Evaluation of scholarly activity in the field of Philosophy
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 48 months.
Free for all, irrespective of country of origin.
Living costs for Kraków
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
1. Doctoral education at the Pedagogical University is free for all.
2. Every doctoral student receives a monthly scholarship of ca. 2,100 PLN for the first two years of studies.
3. After the mid-term evaluation a doctoral student receives a scholarship of ca. 3200 PLN.
4. A doctoral student with disabilities receives a scholarship increased by 30% of the basic amount.
5. Doctoral students are eligible to apply for research funding from the Doctoral School budget.
6. There exist many national research funding programs. Doctoral Students receive instruction and support when applying for grants.
7. The University cooperates with many universities across the world and participates in the Erasmus exchange programs.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.