The Physics program at University of Nevada, Las Vegas achieves this with a custom program for each student set up by their advisor and their advising committee. At the M.S. level students will learn to formulate, conduct and report on research, and in the case of Ph.D. the students will be able to conduct these steps independently.
- Understand electromagnetic theory at the graduate level.
- Understand quantum theory at the graduate level.
- Understand mathematical methods for physics at the graduate level.
- Understand statistical physics at the graduate level.
- Perform an original research project at the doctoral level.
- Communicate scientific topics to a scientific audience.
- Possess strong background of knowledge in physics and mathematics.
- Solve doctoral-level problems in physics.
- Communicate the critical importance of physics in society.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Quantum Theory
- Statistical Physics
- Mathematical Physics
- Electromagnetic Theory
- Doctoral Dissertation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Mathematics View 56 other PhDs in Mathematics in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants seeking direct admission to the doctoral program without a previously earned Master of Science degree must have a score in the 65th percentile or above on the Advanced Physics portion of the GRE before admission. Applicants with a bachelor's degree in physics must have a minimum GPA of 3.00 for all undergraduate work or a 3.25 GPA for the last two years of undergraduate work, and a minimum of 18 credits of upper-division physics.
- Applicants with a master's degree in physics must have at least 15 credits of graduate-level course work in physics with a grade of B or better and a 3.25 GPA in the master's program.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23411 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23411 USD per year
National23411 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23411 USD per year
In-State6869 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6869 USD per year
Living costs for Las Vegas
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.