The Translation and Language Sciences programme of the Pompeu Fabra University is a high quality programme, with an international focus (with a high percentage of lecturers and students trained in other countries) and it provides a sound training in terms of the content, with updated research methodology and technological tools and resources, so that the doctors who complete the course perform their work adequately in new, different and dynamic working environments.
Lines of research:
- Acquisition of language
- Discourse analysis
- Language learning
- Translation studies
- Lexicology and lexicography
- Computational linguistics and language engineering
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Translation & Interpreting Linguistics
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An accredited undergraduate degree (Bachelor degree or recognised equivalent degree from an accredited Higher Education Institution)
- An accredited graduate/master's degree (equivalent to a Spanish Master Universitario/Oficial, Master's of Research)
- You need to have completed 300 ECTS credits, 60 of those have to correspond to an official graduate, research orientated master's programme
- A photocopy of the undergraduate degree/diploma or Certification/proof of degree completion
- A photocopy of the graduate/master's degree/diploma or Certification/proof of degree completion
- A photocopy of your official final graduate/master's transcript
- A signed declaration of obtaining your graduate/master's degree before the commencement of the master's programme
- Provisional graduate/master's transcript
- Brief doctoral research proposal
- Two recommendation letters
- Brief report that proves the candidate's capacity and interest in the research proposal
- Identity Card or Passport
International401 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 401 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA401 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 401 EUR per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Barcelona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.