Established in early 2011, the Global Sustainability Institute’s core research questions at Anglia Ruskin University are based around personal motivations and systems change, in relation to sustainability.
This translates into three key research areas:
- Consumption & Change
- Global Risk & Resilience
- Education for Sustainability.
We collaborate with departments throughout Anglia Ruskin, as well as with numerous external organisations, including the UK's Foreign & Commonwealth Office, Mott Macdonald and Lloyd’s of London
It’s an inspiring environment in which to conduct research and influence the world – and we can offer you high-quality supervision from influential figures in the sustainability field.
- We can accommodate many research proposals.
- Our researchers come from a variety of backgrounds, including economics, geography, international relations, psychology, sociology, environmental social science, communications, mathematics and computer modelling.
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesInternational Development Sustainable Development View 16 other PhDs in International Development in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- PhD: You’ll need a Master degree or equivalent in a related subject area.
- Please note we consider most candidates for PhD with progression from MPhil. If you want to apply for direct entry to the PhD route, you’ll also need to provide academic justification for this with your application.
International13500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13500 GBP per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA4407 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4407 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Cambridge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.