Spatial Planning from University of Porto combines three principles as follows: the definition of a set of core competences in advanced knowledge on spatial dynamics, spatial planning and applied scientific research; the emphasis on specialised areas of knowledge associated with the existing research skills found in both schools; and a flexibility principle, allowing the adaptation of curricula to the specific needs and characteristics of candidates.
Students at Spatial Planning from University of Porto will gain:
- Advanced knowledge of the contemporary spatial dynamics, and of planning theory.
- Advanced skills to develop research contributing to the expansion of knowledge, while respecting the requirements of academic quality and integrity.
- Advanced skills to analyze from a critical perspective, assess, and summarize new and complex concepts.
- Advanced competences to communicate scientific results to their peers, other members of the academic community, and the general public.
- Advanced competences to promote technological, social, and cultural progress both in an academic and/or a professional context.
- Urban Design
- Urbanism and Spatial Planning
- Contemporary Spatial Dynamics
- Decision Support Methodologies
- Research Methodologies
- Housing Planning
- Planning and Environmental Assessment
- Thesis Project in Planning
- Urban Regenaration
- Transport Systems
- Planning Theory
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- ID document (Citizen Card /ID Card / Passport) or declaration containing the identification data
- Graduation certificate regarding a higher education degree
- Certificate (Transcript) of the higher education institution listing the curricular units in which you got a passing grade, indicating the regime (semester/year) and the number of credit units/ECTS.
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of motivation;
- Information regarding the supervisor;
- Letters of recommendation;
- Photo (optional)
International2750 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2750 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA2750 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2750 EUR per year during 36 months.
Students covered by the international student status (CPLP) - 2.750,00€
Living costs for Porto
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.