The work of civil and environmental engineers is all around us. It’s evident in the roads we travel on, the systems that bring us clean water, the methods for controlling pollution and cleaning up waste sites. The world needs these problem-solvers and global leaders who help make the world a better place to live and this will be possible with the Civil and Environmental Engineering program at Colorado School of Mines .
- Civil engineer
- Environmental remediation engineer
- Water project manager
- Environmental health and safety director
- Green building engineer
- Air pollution control engineer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The student’s Graduate Faculty Advisor, in conjunction with the Graduate Thesis Committee, administers the PhD Proposal defense.
- The purpose of the thesis proposal is to describe the student’s research in sufficient detail to enable evaluation of its merit and viability. In general, the written proposal will describe the purpose and scope of work, anticipated results, literature review, preliminary findings, proposed research approach and methodologies, along with a schedule.
- No later than two weeks following submission of the thesis proposal to the Committee, the student and Committee will meet for an oral presentation, during which the student will be questioned about matters immediately relevant to the thesis proposal.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Civil Engineering & Construction General Engineering & Technology View 148 other PhDs in General Engineering & Technology in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Letters of Recommendation: Required – three letters.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Statement of Purpose
- Transcript(s): Required. Must be submitted for all schools attended (unofficial transcripts accepted for admissions review and must show successful completion of any required prerequisite course(s).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International39618 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39618 USD per year
National39618 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39618 USD per year
In-State17676 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17676 USD per year
Living costs for Golden
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.