Plant Sciences from the University of Basel structured curriculum offers training in frontier topics of the plant sciences, including molecular biology, environmental sciences, ecology and agronomy. It also provides opportunities to acquire transferable skills for careers in and outside of academia.
Graduates with Plant Sciences from the University of Basel will develop:
- A willingness and ability to learn and acquire knowledge.
- An ability to be creative, innovative and original in your approach to research.
- Flexibility and open-mindedness.
- Self-awareness and the ability to identify own training needs.
- Self-discipline, motivation, and thoroughness.
- An ability to recognize boundaries and draw upon/use sources of support as appropriate.
- Show initiative, work independently and be self-reliant.
- Plant physiology, cell and molecular biology of plants
- Genetic and epigenetic regulation in plants
- Crop Health and plant health
- Plant symbioses
- Biodiversity and ecosystem functions
- Physiological plant Ecology and climate Change
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Botany Environmental Sciences View 4 other PhDs in Botany in Switzerland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must hold a university Master's degree (or equivalent) before starting the Plant Sciences program. Please note that we do not accept degrees from Universities of Applied Sciences (Fachhochschulen).
- Applicants must have strong English skills.
International618 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 309 EUR per semester during 36 months.
EU/EEA618 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 309 EUR per semester during 36 months.
- Doctoral candidates are charged a fee of CHF 350 each semester.
Living costs for Basel
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.