Economics and Business from Rovira i Virgili University is designed:
- To incorporate the doctoral students in a research group.
- To broaden the students' abilities so that they can specialise intensively in the research lines defined by the programme.
- To foster initiative in undertaking research projects with the methodology and the scientific principles of the research line in which they are working.
- To promote the acquisition of general skills related to individual and group work, participation in research projects and management of databases and bibliographies, etc.
- To prepare the doctoral thesis.
The doctoral degree enables students to obtain the necessary skills to work in research, in business planning firms and at the higher levels of business management and public administration. It fosters innovation and entrepreneurship. For example, graduates can work in the following:
- Management of companies and public administration
- Management of the functional areas of companies
- Business planning firms
- University teaching
- Secondary school teaching
- Freelance professional practice
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Informative sessions
- Seminars and courses
- Seminars for supervising doctoral theses
- Attendance at congresses, scientific meetings and workshops
- Writing and presenting workshops
Agustí Segarra Blasco, Amado Alarcon Alarcón, Ana Beatriz Hernández Lara, Ángel Belzunegui Eraso, Antonio Quesada Arana, Antonio Terceño Gómez, Arcadi Oliveres Boadella, Bernd Theilen, Carolina Manzano Tovar, Ercília García Álvarez, Federico González Santoyo, Fernando Campa Planas, Ferran Mañé Vernet, Francesc Llerena Garrés, Gerard Ryan, Gloria Barberà Mariné, Ignasi Brunet Icart,
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
To enter you must pre-enrol during one of the following stages:
- 08/07 - 02/11
- 11/01 - 01/03
- 15/06 (at the request of the program coordinator)
DisciplinesEconomics Business Administration Finance
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Have completed the master's degrees directly related to the doctorate related to the doctorate, or another official master's degree in the field of Business and Economics or related fiels
- Accredit the B1 level of English
- Present a thesis proposal or research project on the topic to be developed
- Curriculum vitae
- Spanish identity card, passport or Foreigners’ Identity Number (NIE), if it is the first time you have studied at the URV.
International766 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 766 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA548 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 548 EUR per year during 36 months.
- Approximate cost for first year
- Second and successive academic year for both EU and NON-EU students - 548€
Living costs for Tarragona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.