Oenology and Biotechnology from Rovira i Virgili University includes a series of specific training activities (some optional and some compulsory). They broaden the knowledge of students, fostering generic skills and interdisciplinary relations between them.
Students who successfully complete the doctoral programme will be able to work in the following areas:
- Private companies in the field of oenology and biotechnology (wineries, suppliers, hospitals, biotechnology companies, etc.).
- Teaching and research in universities.
- Public research organisations (research institutes, research centres, technology centres, etc.).
- Public authorities at European, national, regional or local level.
- Web of Science
- Advanced presentations skills
- Leadership and directive competences
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
To enter you must pre-enrol during one of the following stages:
- 08/07 - 02/11
- 11/01 - 01/03
- 15/06 (at the request of the program coordinator)
DisciplinesBiology Electronics & Embedded Technology Biotechnology View 5 other PhDs in Electronics & Embedded Technology in Spain
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An academic record in the scientific and technical fields (biotechnology, oenology, food science and technology, biochemistry, biology, chemistry, pharmacy, medicine, etc.) at undergraduate and graduate level.
- To enter the programme it is recommended to have completed the master's degree in Oenology or in Fermented Beverages at the URV. Students from other master's degrees will be individually assessed by the Academic Committee of the doctoral programme.
- Reading comprehension in English and Spanish.
- Previous experience of laboratory work.
- To have, optionally, a support letter from a professor of the programme in the research line chosen as a supervisor of the doctoral thesis.
- Curriculum vitae
- Spanish identity card, passport or Foreigners’ Identity Number (NIE), if it is the first time you have studied at the URV.
International766 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 766 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA548 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 548 EUR per year during 36 months.
- Approximate cost for first year
- Second and successive academic year for both EU and NON-EU students - 548€
Living costs for Tarragona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.