Mathematics students from University of Bern can participate in the Swiss Doctoral Program in Mathematics, which is organized in collaboration with the mathematical departments of the universities of Basel, Fribourg, Neuchatel, Geneva and the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne.
- The doctoral program consists mainly of independent scientific work.
- The candidates have the opportunity to present their findings at conferences and workshops.
- They work as assistants, providing support for the lectures organized by the institute.
- The standard time for the PhD program is 3-4 years.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
For admission at doctoral level, you must
- hold a master's degree or a licentiate from a Swiss university or Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, or an equivalent university degree and
- you must also fulfill any other requirements set out by the relevant faculty or graduate school (e.g. specific average grades or a specific result in your master's degree, licentiate, diploma or state exams).
International370 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 185 EUR per semester during 36 months.
National370 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 185 EUR per semester during 36 months.
Living costs for Bern
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.