Grenoble Ecole de Management offers a unique Executive, Part-time, Doctorate of Business Administration degree in both France and the USA.
The degree is delivered by Grenoble Ecole de Management and the workshops take place in a hybrid format for the convenience of busy executives, at our partner campus in Los Angeles, California, or at our campuses in Paris and Grenoble, France.
The Grenoble Ecole de Management DBA is a part-time program aimed at experienced professionals who want to bring impact to their organization and/or society by leveraging academic research to solve concrete organizational problems.
Why a Doctorate in Business Administration (DBA) from Grenoble Ecole de Management?
- Oldest program in Europe with nearly 30 years of experience
- Strong global network of over 500 alumni
- Degree from top-ranked, triple-accredited business school: EQUIS, AMBA, AACSB.
- One of only 10 DBA programs in the world to be accredited by AMBA
- Member of EDBAC (Executive DBA Council)
- Accompanied by International Subject Matter Experts. Faculty strongly engaged in producing world-class research
- Online, flexible format – adapted to busy executives
Program Duration: Three years, part-time, primarily online (with both online and on-site seminars, conferences, qualifying examinations, and a final dissertation)
Entry Requirements: Master's degree + a minimum of five years of professional experience
The DBA program at Grenoble Ecole de Management is the oldest DBA in Europe. It offers senior managers, independent consultants, and academics the opportunity to leverage their careers and/or to make a transition into academia. The DBA is a program for those seeking to link corporate experience to rigorous and relevant research. It connects the business and research communities to enact change and foster progress through original and publishable research work.
As a triple-accredited business school (AACSB, AMBA, and EQUIS), Grenoble Ecole de Management has designed a program that fits executives’ needs with the highest quality standards: we see the DBA program as a true research-based degree. From Day 1, participants start working on their research, and the program is designed to ensure that students carry out long-term research projects that are highly relevant to management practice and are based on up-to-date scientific knowledge.
The content of the workshops focuses on the development of research methods. All applicants have managerial expertise and a Master’s/MBA degree; therefore, the courses do not repeat the content of MBA studies. Our DBA approach leads to intellectual contributions, as demonstrated by our students’ and graduates’ outstanding publication records.
The Grenoble DBA is delivered Online and based in France or the USA:
- DBA France: Paris & Grenoble
- DBA USA: Los Angeles
Regardless of the location, the content is the same and participants who successfully complete the program are awarded a Grenoble Ecole de Management DBA degree.
Why Choose a DBA Program?
Our DBA students’ research influences managerial and organizational milieus at the highest level. Each student’s thesis includes a chapter dedicated to the managerial implications of their doctoral research and offers relevant recommendations for organizations to overcome key challenges.
DBA students and graduates are encouraged to share their results and findings with the widest possible audience in order to inform and engage with their peers, organizations, and communities.
With a strong focus on dissemination to business and academic audiences, the combination of relevance and rigor in our DBA research supports our reputation in the management of technology, innovation, and entrepreneurship.
The DBA enables students to:
- Understand state-of-the-art research in their fields of study;
- Acquire the necessary understanding and expertise in methods and techniques for research design, data collection, and data analysis;
- Conduct, write, and disseminate high -quality-doctoral-level research;
- Achieve a greater level of effectiveness as a professional practitioner in managing technology, innovation, and change; and
- Gain legitimacy as researchers and faculty members in both academic and non-academic environments
- This program is one of only 10 DBA programs in the world to be accredited by AMBA.
- Grenoble Ecole de Management is a member of the Executive DBA Council (EDBAC)
- As a triple-accredited business school (AACSB, AMBA, and EQUIS)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The Doctorate of Business Administration (DBA) program is divided into two stages:
- Stage I: Training in Doctoral Reseach in Management Sciences: Philosophy, Methods and Tools (18 to 24 months, part-time study)
- Stage II: Thesis: (18 to 24 months, part-time study)
Your DBA Supervisor
Each DBA candidate is assigned a research-active professor from GEM or a partner institution. Our Faculty provides a wide range of expertise and an international reputation. The supervisor helps the student define and carry out a DBA research project until his or her final thesis defense.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Rolling Application Deadlines
- March 16, 2021
- April 27, 2021
- June 3, 2021
- July 8, 2021
- August 25, 2021
- September 20, 2021
- Self-paced, Semi-structured
- Regular mandatory meetings
- Continuous support with feedback on request, Proactive tutoring and support
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Educational Research International Business
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
DBA program candidates are recruited from all over the world. They come from a wide variety of backgrounds—the sciences, humanities, and technical and engineering fields. Generally, they are high-level professionals, such as managers or executives with advanced degrees in business disciplines.
- We request a Master’s degree or equivalent, fluency in English and at least 5 years of managerial experience. For the application, we ask our candidates to write a preliminary research proposal.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17000 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA17000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17000 EUR per year during 36 months.
Year 1* 17 000 €
Year 2* 17 000 €
Year 3* 16 000 €
Additional years (4+) 10 000 €
Year 1* $20,000 USD
Year 2* $20,000 USD
Year 3* $20,000 USD
Additional years (4+) $10,000 USD
Living costs for Grenoble
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Early bird / Merit-based scholarship: available for early applicants upon requestion, profile pending. Maximum deadline July 8, 2021 - priority is given to early applicants.
Alumni scholarship: If you are GEM alumni (BIB, MSc, PGE, MIB, MBA), we offer a special discount on the DBA tuition fees.
GI Bill and Sallie Mae loans available for US residents
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
This programme is taught in different countries. Which country are you interested in?
- United States
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.