Students of the Earth Sciences programme from University of Pécs can choose from a wide selection of research topics from the three subprograms of Physical geography, geology and meteorology; Human geography; Geopolitics, Geo-economics and political geography. Outstanding students can obtain a PhD degree after completing their studies and research activities. The program began in 1994 and since then more than 100 researchers have received their PhD degree and joined the alumni network of the Doctoral School.
In the regular courses about six Hungarian and a limited number of foreign citizens can be accepted. Since the accreditation of the Doctoral School more than 50 full-time students and more than 300 part-time (correspondent) students have participated in the training. In the past fifteen years more than 100 students have received PhD degrees.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cultural geography
- Geography of tourism
- Historical and political geography
- Meteorology and climate change
- Physical geography, landscape evaluation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEarth Sciences View 6 other PhDs in Earth Sciences in Hungary
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Passport size photo
- Copy of valid passport or national ID
- Copy of University / College degree (in English or with official translation; the original hard copy must be shown after arrival)
- Transcript of previous studies
- Certified and translated (if originals are not in English) copy of school transcripts showing satisfactory completion of senior high school.
- Two letters of recommendation
- List of publications, if available
- Research plan (1-3 pages)
- Official copy of the language exam certificate
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) in English
- Motivation letter (introduction plus field of interest, etc.) in 3000 to 3500 characters.
- The payment receipt of the application fee
- Medical certificate
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 EUR per semester during 48 months.
EU/EEA6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 EUR per semester during 48 months.
Application fee: 140 EUR
Living costs for Pécs
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.