The Doctoral School of Physics covers the fields that are the subjects of research in the Institute of Physics; namely, laser physics, including THz and X-ray laser research, nonlinear optics, generation of ultrashort laser pulses, laser based acceleration of particles, quantum informatics, theoretical atomic and molecular physics. World-leading research on high-energy THz pulses and their applications has a strong tradition at the Institute.
There is a close collaboration between the doctoral school and three institutes of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences: both the Institute for Solid State Physics and the Institute for Particle and Nuclear Physics of the Wigner Research Center, and the Institute for Technical Physics and Material Science, further the Extreme Light Infrastructure (ELI-ALPS) institute in Szeged, as well as several international scientific collaborators and local industrial partners.
Students of this PhD in Physics from University of Pécs will be able to synthesize theoretical and empirical studies, conduct their own research, and present them both orally and in written form.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Quantum Optics
- Nonlinear Optics
- Laser physics, Industrial Laser Applications
- Nuclear and Particle Physics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics View 5 other Masters in Physics in Hungary
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Passport size photo
- Copy of passport with personal data
- Copy of University / College degree (in English or with official translation; the original hard copy must be shown after arrival)
- Transcript of previous studies
- Certified and translated (if originals are not in English) copy of school transcripts showing satisfactory completion of senior high school.
- Two letters of recommendation
- List of publications, if available
- Research plan (1-3 pages)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) in English
- Motivation letter (introduction plus field of interest, etc.) in 3000 to 3500 characters.
- The payment receipt of the application fee
- Official copy of the language exam certificate
- Medical certificate
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3000 EUR per semester and a duration of 48 months.
EU/EEA6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3000 EUR per semester and a duration of 48 months.
Application fee: 140 EUR
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.