Why study the Doctor of Education with UNE?
Take advantage of the strong research culture at UNE and produce independent research of the highest calibre with our Doctor of Education. As one of our highest-level awards, the Doctor of Education provides you with the rigorous processes that are essential for academic quality and integrity.
Our world-class academic staff have diverse research interests in a wide range of education disciplines including eLearning, ePedagogy and Innovation, Equity and Diversity, Languages and Literacies, Learning and Assessment, and Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM).
This Education program from University of New England equips you with the advanced knowledge and skills to make an impactful contribution to the education profession in an academic environment that is renowned for its support, flexibility and research excellence.
You will graduate from your Doctor of Education with UNE as a master of your area of study. You will have highly developed research and investigation skills, as well as transferrable skills in communication, problem solving and critical analysis, with the specialist knowledge and expertise to pursue a wide range of opportunities, including:
- moving into a leadership position in education, whether in a school, TAFE College or University
- pursuing a new career path
- enhancing your leadership responsibilities in any educational-related workplace setting.
- The Doctor of Education course aims are to provide a program of independent, supervised research for high calibre graduates that make a substantial and original contribution to scholarship and mastery of an academic field of knowledge.
- There is a strong relevance and application to the education profession in the field of study of the EdD.
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 4 other PhDs in Teaching in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS Code: 088984E
Admission to candidature in the degree of Doctor of Education (EdD) may be approved by the Committee only when the Head of School has:
- certified that the necessary facilities and appropriate support for the applicant undertaking the proposed EdD program are available; and
- nominated an appropriate Principal Supervisor and Co-supervisor(s) in accordance with Supervision Rules.
International26880 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26880 AUD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Armidale
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.