This Forensic Psychology Practice (CPD Route) programme from University of Birmingham is designed to allow Forensic Psychologists, who hold a valid Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) certificate (and preferably status as a Chartered Psychologist with the British Psychological Society), to ‘top up’ their existing MSc qualification to Doctoral level.
The programme requires students to attend nine days of taught classes, aimed at developing advanced research skills. During the course of the programme students will complete the following assignments: a research ethics proposal; systematic review; research project; and critique of a psychometric measure. Students will be required to incorporate this work into a thesis that will be examined via oral examination.
Successful applicants may register as full-time students for a minimum period of one year and a maximum of two years, or as part-time students for a minimum period of two years and a maximum of three years.
You will complete the following modules and associated assignments:
- Research Systematic Literature Review
- Development of Psychometric Measures
- Advanced Research and Evaluation Methods
- Research Project
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Forensic Science View 7 other PhDs in Forensic Science in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Proof of the following qualifications must be presented:
- Certificate as proof of graduation from an MSc in Forensic Psychology (accredited by the British Psychology Society (BPS)). Preferably applicants will have achieved a merit or above. Valid Health professions Council certificate to demonstrate status as a Forensic Psychologist registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).(preferable) Certificate demonstrating Chartered Psychologist Status with the British Psychological Society (BPS).
- Work experience required: Experience working as a Forensic Psychologist, registered with the Health and Care Professions Council
International20430 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20430 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10080 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10080 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.