The Forensic Psychology Practice (CPD Route) from University of Birmingham requires students to attend nine days of taught classes, aimed at developing advanced research skills. During the course of the programme students will complete the following assignments: a research ethics proposal; systematic review; research project; and critique of a psychometric measure. Students will be required to incorporate this work into a thesis that will be examined via oral examination.
Successful applicants may register as full-time students for a minimum period of one year and a maximum of two years, or as part-time students for a minimum period of two years and a maximum of three years.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
You will complete the following modules and associated assignments:
- Systematic Literature Review Methods and Critical Appraisal
- Development of Psychometric Measures
- Advanced Research and Evaluation Methods
- Research Project
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Forensic Science View 6 other Masters in Forensic Science in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Certificate as proof of graduation from an MSc in Forensic Psychology (accredited by the British Psychology Society (BPS)). Preferably applicants will have achieved a merit or above. Valid Health professions Council certificate to demonstrate status as a Forensic Psychologist registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).(preferable) Certificate demonstrating Chartered Psychologist Status with the British Psychological Society (BPS).
- Work experience required: Experience working as a Forensic Psychologist, registered with the Health and Care Professions Council
International19440 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19440 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9770 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9770 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.