It is noted for its strong international dimension, the dynamism of its research, the interdisciplinary nature of its teaching, the quality of its third cycle and its support for mobility among its students. Its staff is heterogeneous, comprising a balanced mix of permanent lecturers, researchers with ICREA and Ramón y Cajal contracts, visiting professors from foreign universities and government professionals who contribute their experience as adjunct lecturers. The Political and Social Sciences programme of the Pompeu Fabra University complies fully with the European Higher Education Area and adopts the Salzburg Principles.
Programme StructureLines of research:
- Comparative Politics
- Government & Administration
- Health Inequalities
- Immigration & Cultural Diversity
- Political Behaviour
- Political Theory
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An accredited undergraduate degree (Bachelor degree or recognised equivalent degree from an accredited Higher Education Institution)
- An accredited graduate/master's degree (equivalent to a Spanish Master Universitario/Oficial, Master's of Research)
- You need to have completed 300 ECTS credits, 60 of those have to correspond to an official graduate, research orientated master's programme
- A photocopy of the undergraduate degree/diploma or Certification/proof of degree completion
- A photocopy of the graduate/master's degree/diploma or Certification/proof of degree completion
- A photocopy of your official final graduate/master's transcript
- A signed declaration of obtaining your graduate/master's degree before the commencement of the master's programme
- Provisional graduate/master's transcript
- Proof of English language
- Two recommendation letters
- Submit a research project in any of the research lines of the Department
- Motivation letter
- Identity Card or Passport
International401 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 401 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA401 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 401 EUR per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Barcelona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.