Saudi Arabia programme
Female members of academic staff in some Saudi universities may be eligible to apply for PhD entry under our External Joint Supervision Programme. This allows for study to take place in Saudi Arabia with occasional student visits to Strathclyde. In the first instance, prospective applicants should contact the External Joint Supervision Programme administrators in their home institution since local university support is required.
Postgraduate Certificate in Researcher Professional Development (PG Cert RPD) programme
As part of your the Computer and Information Sciences programme at the University of Strathclyde, you'll be enrolled on the Postgraduate Certificate in Researcher Professional Development (PG Cert RPD).
This certificate is designed to support you with your research and rewards you for things you'll do as a research student here.
It'll help you improve skills which are important to professional development and employability:
- the knowledge and intellectual abilities to conduct your research
- the personal qualities to succeed in your research and chosen career
- the standards, requirements and conduct of a professional researcher in your discipline
- working with others and communicating the impact of your research to a wide range of audiences
All you have to do is plan these activities alongside your doctorate, documenting and reflecting your journey to success along the way.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
You can study either option in any of our eight research groups:
- Computer Security
- Digital Health & Wellness Group
- Strathclyde iSchool Research Group
- Mathematically Structured Programming
- The Mobiquitous Lab
- Similarity & Metric Search
- Software Systems
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- You can apply for a postgraduate research degree at any point in the year.
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Computer Sciences Web Technologies & Cloud Computing View 15 other Masters in Web Technologies & Cloud Computing in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We look for a first or 2:1 UK Honours degree, or overseas equivalent, in a computer sciences discipline from a recognised academic institution.
During the application you'll be asked for the following:
- your full contact details
- transcripts and certificates of all degrees
- proof of English language proficiency if English is not your first language
- two references, one of which must be academic
- funding or scholarship information
- research proposal of 250-1,000 words in length, detailing the subject area and topic to be investigated.
By filling these details out as fully as possible, you'll avoid any delay to your application being processed by the University.
International18300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18300 GBP per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA4407 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4407 GBP per year during 36 months.
- Rest of UK: £4,407
Living costs for Glasgow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.