Postgraduate Certificate in Researcher Professional Development (PG Cert RPD) programme
As part of the Mathematics and Statistics programme at the University of Strathclyde, you'll be enrolled on the Postgraduate Certificate in Researcher Professional Development (PG Cert RPD).
This certificate is designed to support you with your research and rewards you for things you'll do as a research student here.
It'll help you improve skills which are important to professional development and employability:
- the knowledge and intellectual abilities to conduct your research
- the personal qualities to succeed in your research and chosen career
- the standards, requirements and conduct of a professional researcher in your discipline
- working with others and communicating the impact of your research to a wide range of audiences
All you have to do is plan these activities alongside your doctorate, documenting and reflecting your journey to success along the way.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
MPhil & PhD
There are postgraduate research opportunities in all of our five research groups:
- Applied Analysis
- Continuum Mechanics & Industrial Mathematics
- Numerical Analysis and Scientific Computing
- Population Modelling & Epidemiology
- Stochastic Analysis
You can study an MRes in:
- Mathematical Sciences
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
You can apply for a postgraduate research degree at any point in the year.
DisciplinesMathematics Statistics Actuarial Science View 49 other Masters in Mathematics in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We look for a first or 2:1 UK Honours degree, or overseas equivalent, in a mathematical sciences related subject.
During the application you'll be asked for the following:
- your full contact details
- transcripts and certificates of all degrees
- proof of English language proficiency if English isn't your first language
- two references, one of which must be academic
- funding or scholarship information
UK or EU students
- If you're applying as a UK or EU student, you'll then be issued with your registration documentation.
- An ATAS (Academic Technology Approval Scheme) clearance certificate is a mandatory requirement for some postgraduate students in science, engineering and technology.
International16000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16000 GBP per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA4407 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4407 GBP per year during 36 months.
- Rest of UK: £4,407
Living costs for Glasgow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.