Postgraduate Certificate in Researcher Professional Development (PG Cert RPD) programme
As part of the Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences programme from the University of Strathclyde, you'll be enrolled on the Postgraduate Certificate in Researcher Professional Development (PG Cert RPD).
This certificate is designed to support you with your research and rewards you for things you'll do as a research student here.
It'll help you improve skills which are important to professional development and employability:
- the knowledge and intellectual abilities to conduct your research
- the personal qualities to succeed in your research and chosen career
- the standards, requirements and conduct of a professional researcher in your discipline
- working with others and communicating the impact of your research to a wide range of audiences
All you have to do is plan these activities alongside your doctorate, documenting and reflecting your journey to success along the way.
This degree responds to an identified need for more NHS pharmacists to engage in research linked to their professional and practice role in areas in which a PhD research programme may not be the most appropriate qualification.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
MPhil & PhD
You can study any option in any of our research groups:
- New medicines
- Better medicines
- Better use of medicines
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- You can apply for a postgraduate research degree at any point in the year.
DisciplinesBiomedicine Pharmacy Health Sciences View 17 other Masters in Pharmacy in United Kingdom
- If you're applying for an MRes degree, simply complete the online application form and indicate you intend to study a 'Masters by Research in Biomedical Sciences', along with your named specialism.
- 2:1 UK Honours degree or overseas equivalent.
During the application you'll be asked for the following:
- your full contact details
- transcripts and certificates of all degrees
- proof of English language proficiency if English isn't your first language
- two references, one of which must be academic
- funding or scholarship information
- research proposal of 250 to 1,000 words in length, detailing the subject area and topic to be investigated
International20650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20650 GBP per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA4407 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4407 GBP per year during 36 months.
- Rest of UK: £4407
Living costs for Glasgow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.