Postgraduate Certificate in Researcher Professional Development (PG Cert RPD) programme
As part of the Modern Languages programme from the University of Strathclyde, you'll be enrolled on the Postgraduate Certificate in Researcher Professional Development (PG Cert RPD).
This certificate is designed to support you with your research and rewards you for things you'll do as a research student here.
It'll help you improve skills which are important to professional development and employability:
- the knowledge & intellectual abilities to conduct your research
- the personal qualities to succeed in your research & chosen career
- the standards, requirements & conduct of a professional researcher in your discipline
- working with others & communicating the impact of your research to a wide range of audiences
All you have to do is plan these activities alongside your doctorate, documenting and reflecting your journey to success along the way.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
PhD & MPhil
- You'll look at late 19th and 20th century history and culture, particularly the Second World War.
- You'll focus on modern Spanish and Latin American literature and intellectual history.
- Research will be based on 19th and 20th century history and culture, particularly opera, gender studies, the Second World War, terrorism, protest movements, the history of Italian science and women writers.
General language teaching
You'll look at theory and practice.
Our MRes degree is available in:
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- You can apply for a postgraduate research degree at any point in the year.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Linguistics View 92 other PhDs in Language Studies in United Kingdom
You normally require to have a first-class or upper second-class UK Honours degree, or overseas equivalent, in Spanish, French or Italian.
During the application you'll be asked for the following:
- your full contact details
- transcripts & certificates of all degrees
- proof of English language proficiency if English isn't your first language
- two references, one of which must be academic
- funding or scholarship information
- research proposal of 250 to 1,000 words in length, detailing the subject area & topic to be investigated
By filling these details out as fully as possible, you'll avoid any delay to your application being processed by the University.
International14800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14800 GBP per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA4407 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4407 GBP per year during 36 months.
- Rest of UK: £4407
Living costs for Glasgow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.