Health, Psychology and Psychiatry from Rovira i Virgili University aims to encourage exchanges and convergence between disciplines for a better understanding of the problems faced. Another aim is to promote a network of multidisciplinary scientific contacts that will contribute to the professional development of our graduates.
The main objective of the programme is to offer a multidisciplinary framework to favour the training of doctoral students in various fields of health, psychology and psychiatry. The students are trained to raise and solve problems methodically and efficiently and to communicate their knowledge in international scientific symposia and to the general public. They will be able to transfer their scientific knowledge to society and apply it in their work.
The programme focuses on health in general and mental health in particular, bringing together specialists in the fields of psychology, psychiatry, health sciences, neuroscience, neuroendocrinology, neurotoxicology, psychopharmacology and neurorehabilitation.
Students who successfully complete the doctoral programme will be able to work in the following positions:
- Expert staff in state regulatory agencies in the field of mental health.
- Researchers in the development of tools for behavioural assessment.
- Experts in mental health and psychology.
- Teachers of mental health and psychology.
- Researchers in the characterisation of drugs and neurotoxins.
- Consultants in mental health and psychology.
- Training in the communication and publication of research results
- Training in mobility and scientific exchange
- Course on the use of experimental animals for all students who are going to use animals models for their theses
- Beginners' course in mental health research
- Course on research design and data analysis
José Eugenio García-Albea, José G Franco, José Luís Domingo, Josefa Canals Sans, Josefa Canals Sans, Josep Demestre, Josep Tomàs i Ferré, Lourdes Martorell, Manuel Santafé Martínez, Margarita Torrente, Maria Angel Lanuza Escolano, Maria Cabré, Maria Teresa Colomina, Mercedes Gómez, Misericordia Camps Llauradó, Neus Garcia Sancho, Paloma Vicens, Pere Joan Ferrando Piera, Pilar Ferré,
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
To enter you must pre-enrol during one of the following stages:
- 08/07 - 02/11
- 11/01 - 01/03
- 15/06 (at the request of the program coordinator)
DisciplinesPsychology Public Health Health Sciences
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An official master's degree in psychology, health, mental health, neuroscience, experimental sciences of the nervous system, or a related field.
- Entrance is also possible by obtaining 60 ECTS credits in official postgraduate courses that include training in health sciences, neuroscience, neurobiology, psychiatry or psychology.
- Interns in training as health specialists (Spanish AIR). For both interns and students with bachelor's degrees and postgraduate courses, the Academic Committee of the doctoral programme may stipulate bridging courses to be taken by the doctoral student.
- Curriculum vitae
- Spanish identity card, passport or Foreigners’ Identity Number (NIE), if it is the first time you have studied at the URV.
International766 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 766 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA548 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 548 EUR per year during 36 months.
- Approximate cost for first year
- Second and successive academic year for both EU and NON-EU students - 548€
Living costs for Tarragona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.