These topics all rely on a solid background in mathematics, physics, and chemistry. The program also has a biotechnology dimension with courses on the exploitation of biological systems for developing new technologies and industrial applications. We educate future bioengineers who benefit from interdisciplinary undergraduate courses to build an understanding of engineering concepts and techniques. Students learn to apply engineering principles to the re-conceptualization of of biological phenomena and are trained to acquire skills for developing new materials and processes, including genetic modification of agriculturally important plants and human cells.
Most of the graduates of the Molecular Biology, Genetics and Bioengineering program from Sabanci University continue on with graduate education in Turkey and abroad. All of our graduates are equipped with in depth knowledge of modern molecular biology. Our graduates attain research and management positions in industrial and research institutions operating in various areas of the biological sciences and biotechnology.
- Graduate Research Assistantship
- Graduate Seminar
- Academic Practices and Development
- Scientific and Technical Communication
- Immunology Batu Erman
- Agricultural Biotechnology
- Online Application Form
- Official Transcript: Candidates applying to a PhD program with an undergraduate degree must have a minimum GPA of 3.00 out of 4.00. Graduates of universities that use a different grading system are required to submit an official explanation or a conversion table as appropriate. There is no such requirement for candidates applying with a master’s degree.
- Two recommendation letters: Candidates are required to provide contact details for two people who will write recommendation letters.
- One passport-sized photo: Candidates must upload a passport-sized photo to the online system.
- Statement of Purpose: Candidates must submit a statement, written in English, explaining their intent in applying to the program.
- Sample work: The sample work submitted by candidates must be in English and no more than 30 pages. The work may be a paper, assignment, dissertation or similar writing.
- Graduate Education Entrance Examination scores
International17300 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17300 USD per year during 48 months.
National11349 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11349 USD per year during 48 months.
National 81.350 TL
Living costs for Istanbul
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.