PhD graduates are employed in many areas including the pharmaceutical, manufacturing, biomedical and chemical industry, research institutes, government and military sectors.
A PhD in Pharmacy takes the form of the Monash Doctoral Program – a PhD for the 21st century.
At the core of the program is an extensive, independent research project on an agreed chosen topic, supported by at least two expert academic supervisors. You will also undertake a series of professional development activities or coursework units that equip you with the skills needed to make an impact in academia, industry, government or the wider community. Your study will result in a research thesis which makes a valuable contribution to the current body of knowledge on your chosen topic.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Drug candidate optimisation
- Drug discovery biology
- Drug discovery, disposition and dynamics
- Medicinal chemistry
- Medicine use and safety
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
- 96 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Start date: Throughout the year
- Deadline: Applications for this course can be accepted at anytime.
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- CRICOS Course Code:041048M
- a bachelor's degree requiring at least four years of full-time study in a relevant field, and which normally includes a research component in the fourth year, leading to an honours 1 or 2A in a relevant field;
- a course leading to a level rated by the relevant department, faculty and committee as equivalent to an honours 1 or 2A in a relevant field;
- a master's degree that entails work, normally including a significant research component, including at least 25% of one full time equivalent year of work, including a thesis. It is normally expected that a grade of honours 2A has been obtained for the research thesis or project. Where ungraded, examiners' reports will be taken into account; or
- have qualifications which in the opinion of GRC are deemed equivalent.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International46100 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 46100 AUD per year during 36 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 AUD per year during 36 months.
- Domestic: This course is supported by the Australian government's Research Training Program (RTP).
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
This programme is taught in different countries. Which country are you interested in?
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.