The Philosophy PhD programme from University of Szeged focuses on the history of Continental philosophy from the ancient Greeks through the Middle Ages, Early Modernity and German Idealism, to 20th century currents of philosophy, such as hermeneutics, phenomenology, existentialism, applied philosophy and pragmatism.
Key facts:Graduates usually pursue careers in cultural and public administration, PR and media, international business companies, teaching, translation, journalism, academia, editing, diplomacy, international relations, project management, local government, NGOs, web design, online media, theatre and fine art management or museum curatorship.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The Sub-Programs of the School are the following:
- Metaphysics and Criticisms of Metaphysics
- Ethics, Social Theory and Applied Philosophy
- Philosophy of Art
- Philosophy of Culture
- Philosophy of Religion
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- MA degree in philosophy/ethics/aesthetics/religious studies,
- a demonstrated proficiency in English (B2/ at least upper intermediate or equivalent),
- CV (with photo),
- an online (Skype) entrance exam (for shortlisted candidates only), and a detailed research plan (of 500-800 words, excluding bibliography).
International7000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3500 EUR per semester and a duration of 48 months.
EU/EEA7000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3500 EUR per semester and a duration of 48 months.
- Application fee: 35 EUR
- Entrance Exam fee: 250 EUR
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.