As part of the EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training Intelligent Games and Game Intelligence (IGGI) – a collaboration between Goldsmiths, the University of York, and the University of Essex – we are training the next generation of researchers, designers, developers and entrepreneurs in digital games. The Intelligent Games and Game Intelligence programme is offered by the Goldsmiths, University of London.
It's a unique opportunity for you to undertake PhD research in collaboration with our 60 industrial games partners and world-leading academics.
The doctoral programme combines practical skills training with advanced teaching in cutting-edge research topics and the chance to contribute original research to a growing academic area.
You'll also undertake two industrial placements during the programme. This will give you first-hand industrial experience that will influence your research projects.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureModules include:
- Game design
- Game development
- Research skills
- Embodied interaction
- Intelligent games/Believable characters
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesVideo Games & Multimedia View 5 other Masters in Video Games & Multimedia in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Details of your education history, including the dates of all exams/assessments
- The email address of your referee who we can request a reference from, or alternatively an electronic copy of your academic reference
- Contact details of a second referee
- A personal statement – this can either be uploaded as a Word Document or PDF, or completed online
- If available, an electronic copy of your educational transcript
- Details of your research proposal
International15500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15500 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
National4407 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4407 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.