Advancement of analytical and/or experimental knowledge through a combination of specialized courses and a research thesis under the supervision of an experienced researcher forms the main component of the doctoral program. Where possible, research of interest to industry is encouraged.
Key facts:The objective of the Electrical and Computer Engineering programme at Concordia University Montréal is to educate highly qualified researchers required for the expansion of fundamental knowledge and technological innovation through research and development, as well as the needs of institutions of higher learning.
- Doctoral Seminar in Electrical Engineering
- Topics in Electrical Engineering
- Advanced Digital Communications
- Fault-Tolerant Distributed Systems
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Admission on a full-time basis
- Master’s degree or equivalent with high standing in engineering or computer science, or in a cognate discipline.
- Holders of a bachelor’s degree will, in general, be considered for admission to a master’s program only. After completion of a minimum of two terms of full-time study, they may, upon application, be considered by the GCS Graduate Studies Committee for admission to a PhD program.
Admission on a part-time basis
- Master’s degree with high standing in engineering, computer science or a cognate discipline.
International17955 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17955 CAD per year during 48 months.
National2921 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2921 CAD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Montréal
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.