As an interdisciplinary specialist field, biomedical engineering applies engineering and scientific principles to the field of medicine and biology.
The subject matter of the doctoral programme comprises problems from the scientific and engineering subject of electrical engineering and from fields such as biology and medicine. Training takes place parallel with research and according to the requirements of international competitiveness.
The Doctoral School Biomedical Engineering at Graz University of Technology (TU Graz) offers courses in numerous interdisciplinary fields such as engineering and medicine. Some examples include:
- Biomechanical engineering
- Biomedical instrumentation and imaging
- Computational neuroscience
- Health care engineering
- Deepen your knowledge in the subject area of your dissertation, for example, in biomedical engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, telematics, biomechanics, biology or medicine
- Gain experience using scientific methods applied in the engineering and natural science fields
- Attend courses offered at Austrian or other international universities
- Meet regularly with your dissertation supervisor in order to exchange information, for example, to describe ideas and preliminary results, hold discussions or receive suggestions for relevant contacts in your field of study
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biology Biochemistry View 3 other PhDs in Biochemistry in Austria
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- completion of a subject-related diploma or master’s programme in engineering sciences or natural sciences at a university or
- completion of another degree programme at a recognised Austrian or foreign post-secondary educational institution that is equivalent to the aforementioned degree programmes or
- completion of a degree programme at a recognised Austrian or foreign post-secondary educational institution in combination with supplementary curricular requirements or
International1452 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 726 EUR per semester during 36 months.
EU/EEA726 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 363 EUR per semester during 36 months.
Living costs for Graz
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.