The Management at the University of Pennsylvania prepares students to apply rigorous social science disciplinary theory and research methods to the demands of current management and leadership challenges in the public and private sectors. Our faculty has a broad range of interests ranging from the behavior of individuals, teams and groups to organizational strategy of multinational firms.
- Major areas of faculty research currently include: new venture formation, growth, and corporate entrepreneurship; human resources and competitiveness; emotions, identity, creativity and motivation; political and social influence strategies; technology and practice adoption, diffusion, and transfer within and across organizations; organizational learning and adaptation; and the strategic management of complementary resources and capabilities within an organization, alliance, network or ecosystems.
- Each student draws on the faculty’s diverse expertise and varied interests to develop a program uniquely suited to his or her interests frequently spanning the formal specializations noted above.
- The program encourages students to gain research experience by working closely with multiple faculty on a variety of projects beginning with a research assistantship assignment in the first year with the hope of entering the job market in year 4 or 5 with multiple research papers in the publication pipeline.
- Economic Foundations of Research in Management
- Psychological and Sociological Foundations of Research in Management
- Research Methods
- Personnel Economics
- Seminar in Human Resources Research
- Seminar in Corporate Strategy
- Corporate Transactions & Strategy
- Special Topics in Management
- Network Theory & Applications
- Entrepreneurship Research Seminar
- Family Business Research
- Seminar in Micro-Organizational Behavior
- Seminar in Macro-Organizational Behavior
- Foundations in Multinational Management
- Seminar in Emotions in Organizations
- Advanced Topics in Macro-Organizational Theory
- Institutions and Multinational Management
- Advanced Topics in Micro-Organizational Behavior
- Multinational Firms Global Econ
- Applied Methods for Management Research
- Letters of recommendation
- Academic history
International39470 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39470 USD per year during 60 months.
National39470 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39470 USD per year during 60 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
All admitted Wharton doctoral students receive a fellowship that covers the cost of tuition and health insurance, and provides a stipend. It is expected that a similar level of financial aid may be awarded for up to 5 years. All financial aid awards are contingent upon a student's satisfactory academic progress.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.