- The EE program is the focal point among those who develop systems and signal processing as well as those who realize the underlying circuit and device technology.
- Moreover, synergies between circuits and power systems as well as the design of intelligent power networks, where signal processing is applied to energy distribution, are important motivations for the EE doctoral program. The combination of devices, circuits, systems and algorithms, applied to micro/nano and power systems, gives to EE a consistent front of interlaced technologies.
- The program exposes students to this multidisciplinary atmosphere of interlaced technologies through a cutting-edge curriculum composed of a lively combination of coursework, laboratory research and seminars.
- EPFL is ranked as the top university in continental Europe in the area of engineering and the EE Doctoral Program will offer students the education necessary to become leaders in fast-paced, high-tech industries and academia.
- The Electrical Engineering Doctoral Program spans an amazingly broad research spectrum, from circuit design to signal processing and electro-magnetism. The various laboratories affiliated to the program contain highly active researchers with strong research collaborations with and without EPFL.
Prospective PhD applicants are invited to match their scientific interests with those of the various thesis directors and laboratories according to the following themes:
- Micro/Nano electronics, circuits, systems and computer engineering
- Information technologies, automatic control, signal, image, and video processing
- Electrical energy: systems and components
- Wireless Communications, Electromagnetics and Wave Phenomena.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
You will be asked to upload a pdf version of the following documents:
- Official transcripts of diplomas and grades from all academic institutions of higher education you list in your application (after and not including high-school)
- Certified translations of diplomas and grades into English if not originally in French, German, Italian or English
- Statement of objectives
- A copy of your passport or official identity document showing your name in full.
Living costs for Lausanne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.