This Doctor of Education at Queensland University of Technology, comprising coursework units and a thesis, is oriented towards enhancing professional practice and focuses on the professional development of practitioners involved in some aspect of education.
- Focus on applied investigation and problem solving, and make a contribution to research in the field of education.
- Be supported by study workshops to refine the methodology and design of your thesis.
- Complete an initial coursework component followed by a thesis.
This course has an initial coursework component followed by a thesis.
- In January of your first semester, you attend a one-week, on-campus study school to complete the Interdisciplinary Education Studies unit.
- Subsequent study schools, during which you work on the methodology and design of your thesis, are held on campus in the second and third semesters of your enrolment (in June/July and the following January).
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation View 10 other PhDs in Education in Australia
- A completed recognised four-year honours Class IIA degree in education; or
- A masters degree in education or in a field relevant to the professional doctorate in education with a minimum GPA of 5.00 on QUT's 7 point scale; and
- Two years' practice in a position of professional responsibility in education or a closely related field.
Living costs for Brisbane
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.