Working with an experienced supervisory team, candidates develop new theories, methodologies and models that may shape the future of the profession or discipline. A PhD candidate’s research must reveal high critical ability and powers of imagination and synthesis, and may be demonstrated in the form of new knowledge or significant or original adaptation, application and interpretation of existing knowledge.
The supervisory team will provide advice and direction to the candidate to encourage their participation in university scholarly activities such as research seminars, teaching and publication.
Highlights of the Doctor of Philosophy (Hosted By Faculty of Health) at Queensland University of Technology
- Develop your thesis in ageing; physical activity, environmental health, human health and wellbeing; human behaviour; vision performance and improvement; social work; and accident and injury prevention.
- Apply yourself in a supervised program of research and investigation, resulting in the submission of a thesis.
- Complete in 2-4 years full-time, or 4-8 years part-time.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Key areas of research strength include:
- Injury prevention and trauma management
- Injury prevention
- Orthopaedics, trauma and emergency
- Tissue repair and regeneration
- Health determinants and health systems
- Behavioral neuroscience and mental health
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics Health Sciences View 14 other Masters in Philosophy & Ethics in Australia
You must have either:
- a completed recognised relevant honours degree or equivalent
- a completed recognised masters degree or professional doctorate (by research or coursework)
Masters and professional doctorate degrees by coursework must have a significant research component, normally not less than 25%. Holders of masters and professional doctorate by coursework must:
- have a minimum grade point average (GPA) score of 5.0 on QUT's 7 point scale; and
- present evidence of research experience and potential for approval
International30300 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 30300 AUD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National26800 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 26800 AUD per year and a duration of 48 months.
- Internationals: $30,300 - $36,800
- Nationals: $26,800 - $33,300 per year full-time if you exceed the maximum time under RTP
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.