Neuroscience from University of California, San Francisco seeks to train students who will be expert in one particular approach to neuroscientific research, but who will also have a strong general background in other areas of neuroscience and related disciplines.
Students at Neuroscience from University of California, San Francisco will:
- be trained for independent research and teaching in neuroscience.
- take interdisciplinary core and advanced courses in neuroscience, as well as related courses sponsored by other graduate programs.
- Neuroscience. Essential Concepts and Methods
- Basic Concepts in Cellular and Molecular Neuroscience
- Basic Concepts for Cellular and Developmental Neuroscience
- Introduction to Systems and Behavioral Neuroscience
- Scientific Writing
- Experimental Design
- Current Topics in Neuroscience
- Analysis of Neural and Behavioral Data
- Topics in Basic or Translational Neuroscience (Mini Courses)
- Ethics and Responsible Conduct of Research
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Neuroscience Health Sciences View 168 other PhDs in Health Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- TOEFL: International applicants are required to take the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language). We will accept an IELTS score in lieu of the TOEFL.
- Transcripts: The applicant must download transcripts directly to the online application.
- Letters of Recommendation: Three letters of recommendation are required. Additional letters will be accepted.
International11442 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11442 USD per year during 48 months.
National11442 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11442 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for San Francisco
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.