Architectural Design from Polytechnic University of Catalonia is organised around research groups, each of which has a particular profile based on its focus. Thus, it is not necessary for each one of them to respond to the same need for research into design; its teaching; its aesthetic, ethical or scientific nature; or its impact on modern cultural life.
Students at Architectural Design from Polytechnic University of Catalonia will gain the following competencies:
- A systematic understanding of the field of study and a mastery of the research skills and methods related to the field.
- An ability to conceive, design or create, put into practice and adopt a substantial process of research or creation.
- An ability to contribute to pushing back the frontiers of knowledge through original research.
- A capacity for critical analysis and an ability to assess and summarise new and complex ideas.
- An ability to communicate with the academic and scientific community and with society in general as regards their fields of knowledge in the manner and languages that are typical of the international scientific community to which they belong.
- An ability to foster scientific, technological, social, artistic and cultural progress in academic and professional contexts within a knowledge-based society.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Modern Form
- Modern Visual Approach and Design Project
- Environmental and Historical Design Approaches to Architecture
- Cultural and Historical Issues of Architectural Design Practice and Theory
- Project and Analysis
- Scales, Proportions, Textures
- 36 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Design Interior Design View 9 other PhDs in Architecture in Spain
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must hold a Spanish bachelor’s degree or equivalent and a Spanish master’s degree or equivalent, provided they have completed a minimum of 300 ECTS credits on the two degrees
- Entrance qualification.
- Academic transcript of your previous studies.
- If your entrance qualification was issued by a foreign institution, a letter from your home university stating that your qualification qualifies you for admission to doctoral studies in that country.
- CV with references to your research and publications.
- Proof of any grants or financial aid obtained.
International667 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2001 EUR for the full programme during 36 months.
National667 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2001 EUR for the full programme during 36 months.
Living costs for Barcelona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.