In the world today, research in the course's subject areas (energy, matter and environment...) is nedeed to improve the outlook of architecture in society.
Architects' knowledge of these subject areas has significant repercussions on society as whole, whether directly or indirectly.
Research in the field has a substantial bearing on the implementation of society's environmental agenda.
To promote the training of aspirants to the title of doctor in the subjects being researched by the members of the research team, while seeking the dissemination and confirmation of the methodological results adopted in the various projects.
It is also intended that the contents of the programme will be articulated with the research lines around the relations between architectural energy and form, in addition to those referring to the environment and the sustainability of constructions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Environmental and Historical Design Approaches to Architecture
- Cultural and Historical Issues of Architectural Design Practice and Theory
- Project and Analysis
- Scales, Proportions, Textures
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Environmental Sciences View 9 other Masters in Architecture in Spain
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- CV of academic, professional and research activities, and portfolio designs.
- References to research projects completed and publications.
- Pre-proposal of the subject of the thesis (description, aims, methodology, point of view and bibliography). Maximum of five pages.
- Report by a lecturer backing the applicant.
International694 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2082 EUR for the full programme during 36 months.
National694 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2082 EUR for the full programme during 36 months.
Living costs for Barcelona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Research employment advice and support unit
To meet the growing demand for funding support, the RESEARCH EMPLOYMENT ADVICE AND SUPPORT UNIT assists in the management of predoctoral and postdoctoral grants and scholarships (official UPC grants, FPI grants from the Ministry of Science and Innovation, FPU grants from the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport and FI grants from the AGAUR).
Large families with concession card
- General category (3 or 4 children): a 50% reduction on the amount paid for academic university services (enrolment and administrative fees).
- Special category (5 or more children): a 100% reduction on the amount paid for academic university services (enrolment and administrative fees).
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.