The doctorate program is really necessary due to the importance that food and agriculture industry has in Catalonia, and specially in Barcelona and its metropolitan area. On the other hand, these kinds of industries have a great demand of specialized staff in research and development.
The main objective of the PhD program is the formation of researchers with international competences and trained to be responsible for university teaching as well as to develop their professional activity in industries or institutions.
- Aquaculture and Aquatic Product quality
- Molecular and Industrial Biotechnology Group
- Agro-Enviromental Engineering Research Group
- Plant Breeding on Organoleptics Traits
- Plant Protection
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiotechnology Food Sciences View 3 other PhDs in Biotechnology in Spain
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- CV of academic, professional and research activities, and portfolio designs.
- References to research projects completed and publications.
- Pre-proposal of the subject of the thesis (description, aims, methodology, point of view and bibliography). Maximum of five pages.
- Report by a lecturer backing the applicant.
International694 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2082 EUR for the full programme during 36 months.
National694 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2082 EUR for the full programme during 36 months.
Living costs for Barcelona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Research employment advice and support unit
To meet the growing demand for funding support, the RESEARCH EMPLOYMENT ADVICE AND SUPPORT UNIT assists in the management of predoctoral and postdoctoral grants and scholarships (official UPC grants, FPI grants from the Ministry of Science and Innovation, FPU grants from the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport and FI grants from the AGAUR).
Large families with concession card
- General category (3 or 4 children): a 50% reduction on the amount paid for academic university services (enrolment and administrative fees).
- Special category (5 or more children): a 100% reduction on the amount paid for academic university services (enrolment and administrative fees).
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.