The aim is that the future PhDs will have the capacity to lead both research and technological innovation in the fields indicated above.
The PhD studies in ‘Computational and Applied Physics' are being participated by university professors and researchers from the Department of Applied Physics and the Department of Physics and Nuclear Engineering of the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC) together with researchers from the Institute of Photonic Sciences. Research related to the PhD studies is enclosed in the fields of Physics, Mathematics and Engineering.PhD studies described here have been the object of an adaptation process to the ESSE (European Space of Superior Education), so our general objective is that students finishing its PhD within our program acquire a maturity in their research training according to the so called Dublin descriptors:
- Students should prove a systematic understanding of a given research area and the master in the abilities and research techniques of such area.
- Students should prove their capacity of think, design, practice and assume a substantial research process with full academic rigor.
- Students should contribute by original research to the widening of the frontiers of knowledge, by developing substantial parts of a research topic merited to be published in reference national and international journals.
- Students should be able to perform critical analysis, evaluation and synthesis of new and complex ideas.
- Students should communicate appropriately about their areas of knowledge with their colleagues, with the academic community and generally with the society.
- Students should acquire learning abilities which allow them the promotion of technological, social and cultural advances within academic and professional contexts.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- CV of academic, professional and research activities, and portfolio designs.
- References to research projects completed and publications.
- Pre-proposal of the subject of the thesis (description, aims, methodology, point of view and bibliography). Maximum of five pages.
- Report by a lecturer backing the applicant.
International694 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2082 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 36 months.
National694 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2082 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 36 months.
Research employment advice and support unit
To meet the growing demand for funding support, the RESEARCH EMPLOYMENT ADVICE AND SUPPORT UNIT assists in the management of predoctoral and postdoctoral grants and scholarships (official UPC grants, FPI grants from the Ministry of Science and Innovation, FPU grants from the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport and FI grants from the AGAUR).
Large families with concession card
- General category (3 or 4 children): a 50% reduction on the amount paid for academic university services (enrolment and administrative fees).
- Special category (5 or more children): a 100% reduction on the amount paid for academic university services (enrolment and administrative fees).
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.