Geotechnical Engineering from Polytechnic University of Catalonia enriches the two specialisations, as they have numerous topics in common, especially in the conceptual area (some shared subjects are: flow in a porous medium; transport; thermal, mechanical, hydraulic and chemical interactions) that corresponds to the appropriate level for a doctoral programme.
Students at Geotechnical Engineering from Polytechnic University of Catalonia will:
- gain the ability to conceive, design or create, put into practice and adopt a substantial process of research or creation.
- gain the ability to contribute to pushing back the frontiers of knowledge through original research.
- gain the capacity for critical analysis and an ability to assess and summarise new and complex ideas.
- gain the ability to communicate with the academic and scientific community and with society in general as regards their fields of knowledge in the manner and languages that are typical of the international scientific community to which they belong.
- gain the ability to foster scientific, technological, social, artistic and cultural progress in academic and professional contexts within a knowledge-based society.
- Mechanics and Nanotechnology of Engineering Materials
- Soil and Rock Mechanics
- 36 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Soil Science General Engineering & Technology
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must hold a Spanish bachelor’s degree or equivalent and a Spanish master’s degree or equivalent, provided they have completed a minimum of 300 ECTS credits on the two degrees
- Entrance qualification.
- Academic transcript of your previous studies.
- If your entrance qualification was issued by a foreign institution, a letter from your home university stating that your qualification qualifies you for admission to doctoral studies in that country.
- CV with references to your research and publications.
- Proof of any grants or financial aid obtained.
International667 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2001 EUR for the full programme during 36 months.
National667 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2001 EUR for the full programme during 36 months.
Living costs for Barcelona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.