The doctoral programme of Natural Resources and Environment has as a basic objective to give advanced education in aspects related to the investigation of the natural resources benefit and its impact on the environment.
The programme gives the chance of obtaining the Master in Natural Resources Engineering (MsC) as an accredited degree of a high level education, which includes experimental and field works. On the other hand, the main objective of the programme is the elaboration and the following writing of the Doctoral Thesis, that is to say original research works which allow acquiring formation in one or various among the following issues:
- To gain awareness of the environment under the perspective of the natural resources benefit, mainly the geological. Moreover, to prepare experts in pollution prevention for the industrial transformation of raw materials.
- To gain knowledge of the natural resources studied traditionally in geology:
- industrial minerals and rocks and fossil combustibles among others.
- To make an in-depth study of the composition, prospecting, applications, management and impact of the geological resources.
- To study the environmental impact with regard to the contamination of the natural environment, so that doctoral students can develop ample knowledge of the origins, treatments, control and legislation in the fields of air, water, urban waste, noise and vibration pollution
Another objective of the programme is related to the following transversal aptitudes to be learnt by the students:
- Systematic understanding and dominion of the research skills and methodologies related to the sustainable benefit of natural resources.
- Capacity of conceiving, design and practice of research processes with academic exigency.
- To release contributions from original researches which broaden the knowledge frontiers and being suitable for publication in international journals.
- Capacity of performing critical analysis, evaluation and synthesis of new and complex ideas.
- Capacity of communication between their colleagues, the scientific community and the society regarding to the areas related to the efficient and sustainable benefit of natural resources.
- Capacity of promotion in both the professional and academic contexts, of the technological advances within the knowledge-based society.
- Biological Treatment of Gaseous Pollutants
- Sustainable Mining
- Communication Circuits and Systems
- Natural Resources
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNatural Resource Management Environmental Sciences View 5 other PhDs in Environmental Sciences in Spain
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- CV of academic, professional and research activities, and portfolio designs.
- References to research projects completed and publications.
- Pre-proposal of the subject of the thesis (description, aims, methodology, point of view and bibliography). Maximum of five pages.
- Report by a lecturer backing the applicant.
International694 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2082 EUR for the full programme during 36 months.
National694 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2082 EUR for the full programme during 36 months.
Living costs for Barcelona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Research employment advice and support unit
To meet the growing demand for funding support, the RESEARCH EMPLOYMENT ADVICE AND SUPPORT UNIT assists in the management of predoctoral and postdoctoral grants and scholarships (official UPC grants, FPI grants from the Ministry of Science and Innovation, FPU grants from the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport and FI grants from the AGAUR).
Large families with concession card
- General category (3 or 4 children): a 50% reduction on the amount paid for academic university services (enrolment and administrative fees).
- Special category (5 or more children): a 100% reduction on the amount paid for academic university services (enrolment and administrative fees).
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.