- The general goal of the Microbiology and Immunology program at University of Montreal is to train independent researchers in this discipline. Students must conduct an original research project, learn to present their research findings at scientific conferences and publish them in peer-reviewed journals, be able to develop an original research hypothesis, and explain the methods used to experimentally validate the hypothesis.
- Students must have the required technical skills for a career as a researcher and must develop excellent critical thinking skills to interpret their results. At the end of the program and their subsequent postdoctoral training, students should be able to compete for research grants in the field of microbiology and immunology.
- Directed Readings in Microbiology
- Research Seminar
- PhD Comprehensive Examination
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Have an MSc (Microbiology and Immunology) or show proof of equivalent education.
- Have obtained a grade-point average at the graduate level of at least 3.3 out of 4.3 or the equivalent.
- Demonstrate good knowledge of French (learn more).
- Have satisfactory knowledge of English and show proof of proficiency before being accepted into the second year of the program.
- Demonstrate sufficient knowledge of any other language deemed necessary for their research.
International14696 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7348 CAD per semester during 48 months.
National7402 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3701 CAD per semester during 48 months.
Tuition per module.
Living costs for Montréal
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.