Electrical Engineering doctoral students from Stanford University work alongside faculty, fellow students, and researchers who are leaders in their disciplines.
Did You Know?
- A master's degree is not required prior to applying to the PhD program in Electrical Engineering.
- Applications are reviewed on an annual basis for autumn quarter start only.
- December 1, 20120 is the application deadline for Autumn 2021-2022.
- Typical completion time for the PhD degree is 5-7 years.
- The Knight-Hennessy Scholars program is designed to build an interdisciplinary community of Stanford graduate students dedicated to finding creative solutions to the world's greatest challenges.
- The program awards up to 100 high-achieving students every year with full funding to pursue a graduate education at Stanford, including the M.S. and Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering. To be considered, you must apply to Knight-Hennessy Scholars and separately apply to the Electrical Engineering department.
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering View 29 other PhDs in Electrical Engineering in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- We require unofficial transcripts be uploaded to your application from every college/university you have enrolled. If you have accepted admission to Stanford University, official transcripts from each College or University you enrolled should be sent to the department.
- Test Scores (if applicable)
- Statement of Purpose
- Letters of Recommendation (3)
- Application Fee
Living costs for Stanford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.