- The applied breeding program deals with development of plant materials for greater yield, disease resistance, adaptability, quality, etc. and with studies of breeding methods and principles. Molecular and biochemical studies to identify and isolate agriculturally important genes seek to relate information from model species to crop plant genomes, to compare crop genomes, to assess genetic diversity, and to develop bioinformatic tools relevant to crop improvement.
- Conservation and evolutionary genetics of crop plants and their wild relatives is an additional topic of research. Many faculty members include both applied breeding and molecular study in their programs.
- Prospective applicants may wish to correspond with faculty members in their area of interest. The field list of faculty gives general topics of research and/or crops studied for each field member.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Course work available ranges from plant breeding methods to molecular breeding to intellectual property issues.
- Special opportunities are available for students interested in international experience.
- Graduate students receive a broad education preparing them for careers in many areas of plant biology and agriculture.
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesAgriculture Plant & Crop Sciences View 22 other Masters in Agriculture in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A statement of purpose
- English language proficiency
International20800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20800 USD per year and a duration of .
National20800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20800 USD per year and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.