The aims of the PhD Land Economy programme at The University of Cambridge are:
- to enable students of high calibre to pursue their education at an advanced applied level drawing on the primary disciplines of economics, planning and environmental policy, with additional specialisms in finance and law;
- to provide students with opportunities both to build on and develop material which they may have studied at the undergraduate level as well as to broaden their knowledge base;
- to provide opportunities for education in a multidisciplinary environment so as to advance the understanding of cognate disciplines and their applications;
- to provide opportunities for learning with colleagues from different social, economic and legal systems;
- to provide students with appropriate skills and experience to enable them to use information and resources critically and to equip them with the means to undertake their own research; and
- to provide an educational environment with a strong research ethos that brings together students from a wide variety of backgrounds and fosters an international approach to common problems.
- Thesis / Dissertation
- In the third term (the fifth term for part-time students) students will submit a report
- Students are required to complete at least once per year a training and progress log recording details of any training sessions they have undertaken and noting their progress to date.
- The Department offers some in-house research training and advice sessions for PhD students and also encourages students to make full use of the training opportunities available via the University's Social Sciences Research Methods Centre.
- 36 months
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Econometrics View 45 other PhDs in Economics in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Two academic references
- Evidence of competence in English
- Research proposal
- Applicants for this course should have achieved a UK Masters (Pass).
International25758 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25758 GBP per year during 36 months.
National8844 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8844 GBP per year during 36 months.
- National: £5,306
- International: £15,454
Living costs for Cambridge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.