Ohio State offers the Doctor of Philosophy in education, musicology or theory. Why pursue graduate studies in music at Ohio State?
- An outstanding faculty of specialists
- An impressive record of accomplishments by our graduates
- Access to a world-class music/dance library
- A comprehensive, field-based curriculum
- Specialized research laboratories
- A positive and supportive learning environment
- Opportunities to teach undergraduates
- Significant podium time
- Competitive financial support opportunities
The school is a unit large enough to take advantage of the endless possibilities provided by a world-class university, yet small enough to attend to the individual needs of its students. Founded in the late 1800s, the School of Music offers today's students, faculty and guest artists an innovative place for making exceptional music, stimulating artistic growth, exploring educational methodology, and conducting groundbreaking research. The Music programme is offered by The Ohio State University.
- Music Research Methods and Bibliography
- Basic Concepts in Music Education
- Principles of Music Learning
- Introduction to Research in Music Education
- The Development of Music Education
- Psychological Factors in Music Education
- Social Factors in Music Education
- Music in Higher Education
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Music History View 11 other PhDs in Music History in United States
- The equivalent of a four-year bachelor's or advanced degree from an accredited college or university, earned by the expected date of entry into your graduate program.
- A minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale or equivalent) for the last bachelor's or advanced degree earned.
- Transcripts or other credentials documenting that you have completed prerequisite academic work.
- Standardized test score (GRE or GMAT)
International40831 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40831 USD per year
National37687 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37687 USD per year
In-State12679 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12679 USD per year
Living costs for Columbus
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.